Built by J.C. Dawes in 1890, the Orpheum Theater on Main Street was a center for vaudeville acts, movies, roller-skating, and basketball. Vaudeville gave way to movies in the 1930s and the Orpheum Theater became the only movie house in town. The theater was converted into a triplex in recent years, in a way that maintained its character and period architectural details.
A photo of the exterior of this small movie house appeared in the January 7, 2005 issue of The New York Times (page F7).
Want to know what's playing at the Orpheum today? Click here or on the image on the left.